Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 14 - Relocated Chute and Finished Subfloor

We finished the subfloor!  Sean and I thought that Larry had lost his mind...after planing the floor nice and level, the dymamic floor team (K,S and L) measured, cut and nailed (thousands of) 2x4 stringers between the joists to make the floor solid. OK, maybe about 100.

Next, we quilted the floor with 3/4" plywood, running perpendicular to the joists and the final maple floor strips.  

You can land a 747 on the floor.  It's wonderful to step on.  Quiet and strong.  
Did I mention: I tripped when the floor was open...landed with all my weight on a joist, on my shin, and now have a bruise from my ankle to my knee?  It's especially wonderful to have the FLOOR in again!!!

In the "it's always something" category:  we forgot to pull up the romex for the island's electricity.  It's under the subfloor somewhere.  We should be able to map and find it....

And the final thing before the drywallers come, I moved the opening of the chute from one side of the chute (where the new oven will be) to the other (inside the new closet).  From the beginning I was unwilling to give up the laundry chute, and it has survived!!!  Functional!!!
As have we, so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment